InfoGraphic – DIY vs Pro Mold Removal and Prevention
Submitted by Our Friends at 1800WaterDamage.com
Are you thinking about tackling your own household mold problem all by yourself?
It can’t be that difficult, right? After all, why spend the extra money to have a professional mold remediation company clean up your mold problem when all it takes is a bucket of bleach and some scrub brushes?
Well, removing mold and preventing re-growth can often be much more complicated than you think if you want it done safely and thoroughly.
That’s why we recommend hiring a certified mold remediation company if your mold problem covers more than 10 square feet of indoor or outdoor surface area.
Especially if there was a water damage event that can lead to future mold problems that are currently not visible. Such as a flooded basement, leaky roof, broken pipes, condensation on walls or pipes, leaky window frames, etc. Pros know what to look for and how to fix moisture problems to prevent future mold growth.
Given how bad mold allergy symptoms can be for you and your family, it is not worth the risk of removing big mold problems by yourself in most situations.
This infographic (click it to enlarge and then click again to enlarge more) explains the extra steps professionals take to ensure the safe, full removal of mold. It also includes a summary of the health risks caused by mold. And what you can do to prevent mold from growing in your home.
The bottom line is that the spread of mold mycotoxins pose a serious health risk for children and adults. So call a certified mold inspection and remediation company like our friends at 1800WaterDamage.com.
Whichever contractor you end up hiring, ask them to use our non-toxic Endurance BioBarrier Mold Prevention Spray. It significantly outlasts competitors by microscopically protecting indoor and outdoor surfaces through 100’s of wet-dry cycles. We offer long, impressive guarantees against mold growth when applied per the simple directions to properly cleaned surfaces.
And for heaven’s sake, if you are tackling a small mold problem in your home, even if it is just moldy shower grout, don’t use bleach as your cleaner. It only scrubs away mold branches, leaving the roots intact in porous surfaces. Plus it is corrosive and harmful to people and the environment.
See details in our blog article that explain why bleach does not kill mold roots in porous surfaces.
Instead of bleach, use our non-toxic Endurance BioBarrier Mold & Grime Cleaner Prep to deep clean any surface.
Then use our non-toxic Endurance BioBarrier Mold Prevention spray available in 32oz bottles and 1 gallon jugs.