Advantages Offered by Our Mold Prevention Spray
Our Endurance BioBarrier Mold Prevention Spray allows restoration and remediation professionals to offer their clients just what they want – the longest lasting protection possible against mold, mildew, germs and musty odors. And at a cost that is on par or better than alternative solutions.
- Our warranty is NOT nullified if a surface treated with our Mold Prevention Spray is exposed to water, condensation, or high humidity.
- The high-tech latex polymer in our Prevention formula microscopically binds EPA registered biocides and fungicides to virtually any indoor or outdoor surface.
- The microscopic binding process creates an invisible barrier of biocides and fungicides that remains adhered to the target surface through 100’s of wet-dry cycles. As a result, it significantly outlasts competitors in preventing mold, mildew, germs, musty odors and dry rot.
- Professionals and their clients don’t need to worry about mold and mildew growth under or on top of this microscopic coating.
- The invisible polymer barrier attached to the target surface provides 360 degrees of protection by acting like a breathable coating.
- When hit with moisture, the polymers expand and open up to expose the maximum amount of polymer-bonded biocides and fungicides needed to inhibit the mold spores, mold cells and germs that get introduced under, above and adjacent to the barrier.
- When it dries, it preserves the biocides and fungicides by partially self-sealing and leaving just enough polymer-bonded biocides and fungicides exposed to inhibit mold, mildew and germ cells above, below and adjacent to the barrier.
- Professionals and their clients will greatly appreciate the fact that the Duke University School of Medicine has certified Endurance BioBarrier Mold Prevention Spray as being non-toxic.
- It is also certified as being non-corrosive, non-flammable, and as having zero VOCs.
- It is safe for virtually all surfaces as well as being safe for people, pets, plants and the environment.
- Our Endurance BioBarrier Mold Prevention Spray is very easy to apply.
- Professionals should first follow IICRC S520 or similar guidelines to prep the target surfaces because this product is not intended as a substitute for proper mold removal/remediation.
- Once the surface is prepped, apply using a ULV fogger, airless sprayer with 411 tip, or hand pump sprayer. A light misting of the surface is all that is required. Allow to air dry for about one hour.
- Properly coated surfaces will glow under a UV black light. This is a convenient way to ensure application crews are coating all target surfaces. It is also a reassuring way to show clients which surfaces were treated.
- Professionals should get about 1,000 square feet of coverage per gallon. The Xactimate code is PNTS+++.
We stand behind our protection claim by allowing professionals to register for free and submit the details needed to create a customized warranty for each client application.
How to Apply on Virtually Any Surface
Download Download and print for your crew.
- Fix any water or condensation problems, if applicable.
- Ensure that surface is clean.
- We recommend using our non-toxic Endurance BioBarrier Mold & Grime Cleaner Prep to safely deep clean the surface.
- If it’s a mold remediation project, be sure to follow IICRC S520 or similar guidelines.
- Before applying our Mold Prevention Spray, please check with your Industrial Hygienist as to whether it should be applied before or after testing.
- If possible, allow surface to thoroughly dry after cleaning.
- Our Mold Prevention Spray can be applied to slightly damp surfaces if desired.
- Lightly apply our Mold Prevention Spray using a fogger, airless sprayer with fine mist nozzle, or hand pump sprayer with fine mist nozzle.
- You only need about a 1 mil coating. Do not overspray. Do not wipe on.
- If using an airless sprayer, set it to about 600-900 PSI and use a 411 tip.
- If a pool of product forms, gently dab it up using a cloth or sponge.
- If spraying in a crawlspace, ensure you have negative air pressure venting outside and adequate lighting.
- Our Mold Prevention Spray creates an invisible, microscopic barrier when dry. However, you can use a UV black light to double check whether your crew properly coated all target surfaces.
- Properly coated surfaces will glow under the UV black light.
- Did your crew miss an area? If so, it won’t glow. Just lightly re-spray that area.
- Using a UV black light is a helpful way to ensure a quality application job and satisfied clients.
- Allow surfaces to air dry for at least one hour. Do NOT wipe dry.
- Don’t worry if you fog or spray areas adjacent to your target surface.
- This is an added benefit because those surfaces (including carpets and fabrics) will now have long lasting protection against mold, mildew, germs and musty odors.
- Since our Mold Prevention Spray is non-toxic, non-corrosive and has zero VOCs, it is perfectly safe to use on all interior or exterior surfaces, including fabrics.
- To be extra safe, don’t use on food preparation surfaces.
- Even though our Mold Prevention Spray is non-toxic and has zero VOCs, we recommend using appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- For example, in typical applications we recommend a coverall suit, respirator mask, protective goggles and rubber gloves while applying our Mold Prevention Spray.
- When finished, be sure to use fresh water to flush out the fogger or sprayer and its nozzle. This will prevent clogging.
Note: Spanish instructions are included in the product labels.
Where to Apply in Commercial and Residential Areas
Our Mold & Grime Cleaner Prep and our Mold Prevention Spray can be used on virtually any indoor or outdoor surface. Both are non-toxic and have zero VOCs, so they are safe for people, pets, plants and the environment.
Residential Indoor Application Ideas
- 6 month guarantee: bathroom walls and ceilings, shower grout, shower glass doors, shower curtains, kitchen sink areas, dishwashers, washing machines, refrigerators, wooden floors, floor tiles and grout, carpets, upholstery, bedspreads, etc.
- 2 year guarantee: any painted or unpainted surface, drywall, wood, ceiling tiles, baseboards, metal or wood window and door frames, window sills, interior bricks and mortar, stucco walls and ceilings, musty closets and basements, cement or cinder block walls, metal, plastic, glass, etc.
- 5 year guarantee: HVAC ducts.
- 25 year guarantee: enclosed spaces such as insulation, attics, crawlspaces, wall/stud cavities, sub-flooring, new construction framing, etc.
Residential Outdoor Application Ideas
- 6 month guarantee: wood or wicker or plastic or fabric patio furniture, cushions, canvas awnings, etc.
- 2 year guarantee: all types of roofing and siding, eaves, gutters, downspouts, bricks, decks, fences, concrete, stonework, musty garages or sheds, exterior window sills and frames, exterior doors and door frames, etc.
Commercial and Institutional Indoor Application Ideas
- 6 month guarantee: locker rooms and showers, saunas, health club floors and carpets, movie theater seats and carpets and drapes, hotel room bathrooms and carpets and bedspreads, school room carpets and floors and desks, school lockers, cruise ship staterooms and hallway carpets, the list goes on and on.
- 2 year guarantee: all types of roofing and siding, all types of painted and unpainted surfaces, drywall, wood, metal, plastic, window and door frames, concrete, brick, so much more.
- 5 year guarantee: HVAC ducts.
- 25 year guarantee: enclosed spaces, insulation, ceiling and wall cavities, new construction framing, etc.
Think Outside the Box!
- Boat and vehicle interiors: Spray all surfaces to stop and prevent musty odors and cigarette smoke odors.
- Boats and yachts: Teak decks, canvas, anchor lockers, lines, heads, galleys, seat cushions, carpets, etc.
- Shipping containers and pallets: Especially for transportation of food or medical products that need to have mold-free shipping environments and the use of a preventative product that is non-toxic and will last through 100’s of wet-dry cycles.
- Vacant homes or apartments: They get musty smelling or may have visible mold problems, which hurts the ability to get them sold or rented.
- Health clubs and school locker rooms: These are havens for musty odors and mold.
- Hotels and resorts: Save labor by only needing to scrub moldy shower grout every 6 months instead of every 3 or 4 weeks. Remove and stop unsightly mold on exterior surfaces and pool areas. And why not spray those germy bedspreads, remote controls, door handles and carpets?
- Movie theaters: Think about all the spills over time. You’d be surprised at how moldy and germy the carpets, seats and curtains can get. The dark lighting can’t hide the musty odors and unhealthy air quality.
- Professional and College Sports: Musty and moldy locker rooms, showers, training rooms, and weight rooms aren’t healthy. Also, take a closer look at the green, black or white splotches on the concrete in the stadium seating areas. That’s mold.
New Revenue Source for Commercial and Residential Jobs
Are your clients worried about the following?
- Mold quickly re-growing on recently wet surfaces.
- Mold growing on hidden/enclosed surfaces.
- The negative health effects of mold.
Most people worry about all of the above, especially after a mold remediation project or a water damage loss.
You can remove their worries by offering to apply our non-toxic Mold Prevention Spray.
Your clients want the longest lasting prevention possible at a reasonable cost. That’s exactly what our product offers. And since it satisfies such a strong client need, it represents an incremental revenue opportunity for remediation and restoration professionals like you.
- Since your crew will already be on the job site, it takes very little extra time for them to apply the product. So your margin potential is healthy.
- The Xactimate code is WTRGRM for using our anti-microbial Mold & Grime Cleaner Prep. And the code is PNTS+++ for applying our Mold Prevention Spray, which acts like a breathable, microscopic, invisible anti-microbial coating/sealant.
- If you register on our website, you can get a Warranty customized for specific clients that spells out the guaranteed length of protection.
- More than ever, people are aware of the negative health issues associated with mold. So they are motivated to protect their indoor air quality.
- People are also demanding the use of non-toxic products that are safe for people, pets, plants and the environment. Our Mold Prevention Spray fulfills this demand.
Don’t forget to tell your clients that our Mold Prevention Spray is certified by the Duke University School of Medicine as non-toxic. Its water-based formula is also certified as non-corrosive, non-flammable, and as having zero VOCs.
Guarantees + When to Re-apply
- High traffic surfaces such as bathroom walls, shower grout, carpets, floors.
- No mold should appear before 6 months. But if these surfaces get dirty before the 6 months have ended, then first try to rinse or gently wipe clean.
- If you need to scrub or use a harsh cleaner on any of these surfaces, then you will likely be removing the invisible, protective barrier. Therefore, re-apply after scrubbing or after using harsh cleaners.
- Feel free to re-apply our Mold Prevention Spray shortly before the end of 6 months. This will add another 6 months of protection without letting the surface get moldy and requiring re-scrubbing.
- Virtually any indoor or outdoor surface that doesn’t get any form of daily or frequent abrasion that would quickly wear away the invisible protective coating.
- If the surface does get frequent friction or abrasion, then re-apply every 6 months.
- Inside hvac ducts.
- Be sure to use a HEPA filter whenever possible.
- There will be no mold or mildew growing inside the ducts, but if the ducts are re-cleaned prior to end of 10 years in order to remove dust or dirt, then re-apply our Mold Prevention Spray.
- Enclosed spaces such as wall/stud cavities, insulation, attics, etc.
- If a water leak or condensation problem occurs, as long as the problem is identified and fixed right away, you will not need to re-apply our Mold Prevention Spray. Our warranty is NOT invalidated if treated surfaces are temporarily exposed to water or condensation.