Top 10 Crawl Space Mold Mistakes
Avoid These Mistakes And You’ll Avoid Mold Allergy Problems
If you study the details in this intelligently written article, you will quickly learn how to prevent the indoor air quality and allergy problems caused by mold in crawl spaces.
For each of the 10 mistakes below, solutions and guidelines are provided.
- Not realizing the significant impact a crawl space can have on the indoor air quality of a home.
- Failure to effectively moisture proof your crawl space.
- Failure to adequately discharge roof rain water of homes with crawl spaces.
- Mistaking a plastic-lined crawl space floor for a sealed or encapsulated crawl space.
- Attempting to decrease moisture by increasing ventilation.
- Killing mold, but not removing it.
- Exhausting dryer vents, bathroom vents, or kitchen hood vents into the crawl space or attic.
- Blocking soffit-vents when adding loose fill insulation to the attic.
- Hiring an inspector untrained in mold detection to inspect your home or crawl space for mold.
- Not having a professional clean your air ducts.
Protect your home and family from mold allergy symptoms caused by a moldy crawl space. Study this article and its mold problem prevention recommendations.